Alf Erickson's Eclectic Home Page
Denise's Second Journal is now available, with details of my October ballooning adventures in France. Laurie's Journal will be here any day, with details of the 1996 Annual World Elephant Polo Competition in Nepal!
||My youngest daughter, Christy, was married to Bernie Alonzo on Friday, October 18! Visit my daughter Annie's web site and check out Christy and Bernie's wedding page!
1996 Travel Journals
- Italy Journal - From June 20 through July 11, I was off on a ballooning jaunt through Italy. The details of that trip have been recorded in Denise's Journal: 21 Reasons Why Denise Quit Her Job. Denise's final report has just been uploaded, and you are invited to share with her the pleasures of summer ballooning in Italy!.
- Post-Italy Report - After the Italy trip, I just didn't feel ready to head back to Florida ... so I didn't! Here's what I did instead.
- Swiss-Prague Journal - From August 17 through 31, I toured Europe once again with the Corkscrew Balloon. This time, Stephani Weaver attended to most of the journal-keeping duties. Her complete journal, along with several dozen photos, is now available here!
- France Journal - "Fourteen Reasons Why Denise's Original 'Twenty-One Reasons Why Denise Quit Her Job' Proved to be a Terribly Smart Thing to Do' ... or "Why it is More Fun to Play than to Work .. Anytime!" .. In other words, it's Denise's Second Journal, from October!
- Coming soon: Polo Journal - Laurie's report (with Annie's photos), with the full story of the 1996 World Elephant Polo Tournament in Nepal
PLEASE visit my pages devoted to some of my special interests:
- Ballooning - Photographs of the original Corkscrew Balloon, plus Corkscrew Balloon II!
- Elephant Polo - Photographs of December 1995's annual World Elephant Polo competition in Nepal. My team, the Screwy Tuskers, finished dead last on the playing field. But we won the "Best Dressed" prize! The 1996 Tournament just ended, and more information will be available here imminently!
- Antique Corkscrews - Photographs and descriptions of my favorite antique corkscrews acquired during 1994, 1995 and 1996. In addition, I have gathered a number of links to interesting corkscrew and wine sites.
- Useful Links - A selection of various sites I've found on the World Wide Web that provide useful information: news, phone numbers, FedEx tracking information, etc.
- Useless Links - After all, if you really wanted useful stuff, you probably wouldn't be here in the first place! There are some strange and interesting things out there ...
- Fort Lauderdale - See what's happening in my back yard! The famous Elbo Room Bar, located just down the street from my house, has a live "Webcam" aimed at the beach. The City of Fort Lauderdale also has an official home page.
||Thank you for visiting Alf Erickson's Eclectic Home Page. I hope you like what you see! (Would you perhaps like me to turn around?) I may not be here forever, as there are younger women waiting in the wings ...
Stop back here often to check for new and exciting materials!